You may know Andrea Bocelli as the big tenor voice–best-known for his performance with Sarah Brightman on the song “’Time to Say Goodbye”, the classical pop duet which broke sales records and topped charts across Europe–and helped make him the biggest selling living classical music artist. Operas, arias and duets with other big stars (including Celine Dion and Jennifer Lopez) have all propelled him further to stardom.
Today, I share with you Andrea Bocelli’s new albume Cinema! Andrea Bocelli has sold over 80 million albums worldwide. On October 23, Verve Records released Andrea Bocelli’s “Cinema” – a collection of interpretations of songs from classic movies like West Side Story, The Godfather and Gladiator.
(Fun fact: Andrea recently sang for Pope Francis on his trip to the U.S. last week.)
Cinema features a collection of movie songs etched in the culture and hearts of several generations including epic theme songs featured in films such as “Doctor Zhivago”, “Love Story”, “The Godfather”, “Life is Beautiful”, “Gladiator”, “The Postman”, “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” and many more, as well as popular songs from stage musicals, immortalised by their film versions, such as “West Side Story” and “Evita.”
I didn’t have favorite song as they were all great.
Cinema Track Listing:
1) MARIA from ‘West Side Story’
2) LA CHANSON DE LARA from ‘Doctor Zhivago’
3) MOON RIVER from ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’
4) E PIU’ TI PENSO duet with Ariana Grande from ‘Once Upon a Time in America /Malèna’
5) BE MY LOVE from ‘The Toast of New Orleans’
6) THE MUSIC OF THE NIGHT from ‘The Phantom of the Opera’
7) BRUCIA LA TERRA from ‘The Godfather’
8) POR UNA CABEZA from ‘Scent of a Woman’
9) NO LLORES POR MÍ ARGENTINA duet with Nicole Scherzinger from ‘Evita’
10) L’AMORE È UNA COSA MERAVIGLIOSA from ‘Love is a many splendored thing’
11) MI MANCHERAI from ‘Il Postino’
12) CHEEK TO CHEEK duet with Veronica Berti from ‘Top Hat’
13) SORRIDI AMORE VAI from ‘La vita è bella’
14) HISTORIA DE AMOR from ‘Love Story’
15) OL’ MAN RIVER from ‘Show Boat’
16) NELLE TUE MANI (NOW WE ARE FREE) from ‘Gladiator’
I participated in the Andrea Bocelli “Cinema” album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.